OMGlette, eggs gone wild.
I’m in to mornings.
I’m also into eggs… and pancakes
These three things collided and it was awesome.
I called it the OMGlette because I had never eaten a non-savoury omelette before, I was really excited.
There is no actual pancake in this recipe, but the idea of the pancake/crepe makes it’s sweet impression. It’s a grain-free breakfast, perfect for all my paleo and gluten-free friends out there.
The healthy fat from the coconut, eggs and almonds will help keep you warm in this cold weather and will definitely keep you energized until lunch. No mid-morning muff needed!
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- almond milk
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
How to make it:
- In a bowl, add your eggs, a splash of almond milk, a splash of vanilla, a splash of maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Whisk together until just mixed
- Heat a bit of coconut oil in a skillet, once heated add your egg mix and cover
- In a seperate bowl, mix together 3/4 tbsp of coconut oil, 1/4 tbsp cacao and 1/2 tbsp of coconut flakes
- When your eggs have cooked through, spread the chocolate coconut mix to cover one side
- Layer banana slices ontop of the chocolate side and then flip your eggs, omelette style
- Remove from skillet, top with some almond butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a sprinkle of coconut flakes.
It should look like this before you flip:
Double OMG variation: Add some bacon before you fold (OMGOMGOMGlette)!!!