STRESS LIES AT THE ROOT OF EVERY HEALTH CONDITION (in some shape or form).
Adrenal fatigue and hormonal imbalance are so common in our society that we have come to see the symptoms as normal.
I think this is a problem because if this is your normal, you're not feeling your best. If you're not feeling your best, how can you be living your best life?
What is adrenal fatigue?
HYPOADRENIA: Hypo (lower) and adrenia (related to the adrenal glands) stands for low adrenal function, which means there is a deficiency in the functioning of the adrenal glands. This is also referred to as "adrenal fatigue" and is something that almost every person experiences some level of, at some point in their life.
Wildly unrecognized, adrenal fatigue is like a mist because of the numerous seemingly vague and non-specific symptoms that go along with it. It's so amazingly common, and so outrageously overlooked.
The adrenal glands AKA "the stress glands" are two walnut sized glands that sit snugly atop your kidneys and secrete hormones that are involved with all the major physiological processes in the body. The functioning of your adrenal glands play a large role in your resilience, energy and ability to endure and recover from stressful situations. Long story short, your adrenals influence the way your body will handle everything that is has to deal with.
Stressful situations can include things like:
- Work/school stress
- Financial stress
- Environmental stress
- Relationship stress
- Family stress
- Mental stress (anxiety, depression and/or other mental illness)
- Drug abuse or addiction
- Dietary stress- allergies, sensitivities, enzyme deficiency
- Lack of sleep
- Emotional or physical trauma
- Physical stress or physical injury
- Chronic illness or disease
- Acute or chronic infections
- and more.
Millions of people are affected by adrenal fatigue in many different ways for many different reasons. No two people will handle stress loads the same, but adrenal fatigue becomes a thing when your adrenals become overwhelmed and begin to slow down in their functioning. When they slow down in their functioning, the delicate in-sync dance of hormones in your body can be thrown off, causing symptoms such as the ones listed below.
SOME SIGNS OF ADRENAL FATIGUE OR HORMONAL IMBALANCE:
- Difficulty waking up in the morning
- Feeling constantly tired- a tired that is not relieved by sleep (CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME)
- Feeling like you can't relax
- Cravings for salt or salty foods
- Easily irritated or intolerant to stress
- Digestive issues and sudden new food intolerances
- Dependence on stimulants to function (coffee, colas, energy drinks, ect.)
- Decreased libido
- Exaggerated menopausal symptoms
- Irritability if a meal is missed aka "HANGRY"
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Hypothyroidism (low thyroid)
- Decreased immune system
- Increased or exaggerated PMS symptoms
- Fibrocystic breasts or fibroids
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Fertility issues
- Low blood pressure
- Auto-immune conditions
- Anemia (iron deficiency)
- Weight gain in the belly area that you can't seem to lose
- Decrease or loss in muscle mass
- You wake up in the early hours of the morning (between 3-5am)
- Brain fog
- Increase of energy in the evening after dinner
- Anxiety or depressive thoughts
- Eyes are sensitive to the light
- Easily startled
- Feeling dizzy when you stand up too fast
- Slow wound healing or slow to recover from illness