10 Reasons to Eat More Cilantro
I've never met anyone who sits on the fence when it comes to liking cilantro.It's a love or hate herb and I totally get it, it can taste pretty soapy if you use it in excess. I am on the LOVE side of the fence when it comes to this herb, here are 10 reasons why:
10 Reasons Why Cilantro Is Awesome
- It's super nutritive. It has lots of fiber, iron, magnesium and Vitamin A and C (making it great for detoxing, skin and immunity)
- It is a rich source of flavanoids and phytonutrients, making it a powerful antioxidant
- It promotes healthy liver function, your liver loves cilantro!
- Decreases inflammation in the body
- It's a strong natural cleansing agent. It helps us remove heavy metals from our bodies.
- It helps regulate blood sugar
- It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties
- It is an immune system booster and infection fighter
- It's a great digestive aid
- It's like a breath mint for your body, very cooling
Cilantro is used as both a herb and a spice. It's leaves, in fresh form are typically referred to "cilantro" and the dried seeds are seen in spice form as "coriander" (unless your in the UK, then the fresh leaves are also referred to as coriander).
I credit its powerful taste to its powerful healing properties. It's the sort of herb that when you eat it, you know it's doing something.
How to use it?
- Cooking fish? Coriander is the new dill.
- It makes a delicious and pretty garnish
- Juice it, drink it. (It juices amazingly with pineapple, orange & greens)
Hope that you enjoy these friendly facts and I hope that you feel inspired to sprinkle a little extra of this stuff into your world or the very least your next burrito!