Metabolism Boosting Iced Matcha Latte
This is one of my favourite summer drinks.
I love filling up my traveler cup with ice and sipping on this iced matcha latte as I commute around the city or run errands in the summer heat. Trust me, you’ll save so much money by opting to make this drink at home rather than buying one on the go. You will also increase the nutritional benefit you get significantly. Double win!
One cup of matcha is like drinking the equivalent of 10 cups of regular green tea and is a powerhouse full of anti-oxidants to help you lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar levels, reduce inflammation and support healthy, glowing skin. It’s a powerful metabolism booster and is amazing for calming the mind while energizing and gently detoxifying the body. Such a sweet amount of goodness! The best part of all is how delicious it tastes.
Metabolism Boosting Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
· 1 cup full fat coconut milk
· 1 cup water or dairy free milk of your choice
· 2 teaspoons of Matcha Ninja matcha
· 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
· ½ tsp vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
· Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
Place everything except for the ice and the full fat coconut milk in the blender.
Blend until smooth. Pour over ice and slowly pour in the coconut milk to swirl in your creamy coconut milk. Enjoy!
A few little notes about matcha:
- Dairy will actually inhibit some of the healthful benefits in matcha, always enjoy with dairy free alternatives.
- Most matcha from cafés are not pure and come pre-mixed with sugar. Making your own from high quality pure matcha (like this one) is a great way to avoid the sneaky sugar monster.
- Never mix matcha (or any green tea) with boiling water, this heat will destroy some of the nutrients in the tea.
- Green tea leaves often contain small traces of lead and fluoride. These levels are very low but because the entire leaf is consumed when you drink matcha, this is something to note if you are pregnant or if you drink multiple cups daily long term. [i]