This soup is so simple to make, is crazy delicious and even more crazy nutritious.
If you suffer from hormonal imbalance, feel stressed, sick, inflamed, tired or even just hungry, this soup is going to be SO nourishing for you.
Its dark green colour is evidence of its super cleansing and energizing chlorophyll content.
Its spicy kick from the jalapeno pepper will get your circulation going which will provide better oxygenation to your organs -- more energy! This is due to the capsicum in the pepper, which gives hot peppers their spicy bite.
This soup is also loaded up with crucifeous veggies like asparagus and broccoli, these foods help support both phases of our liver's detoxification process. This soup is a nutritional and anti-inflammatory powerhouse of goodness... and it tastes AMAZING!
This Spicy Green Goddess Soup will help you feel squeaky clean from the inside out. You can almost feel its delicious cleansing power tingling while you eat it- either that or it's just the jalapeno- but either way. :)
SPICY GREEN GODDESS SOUP RECIPE
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cups of parsley
- 1 large white onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno (adjust amount based on heat and your preference)
- 5 cups of broth of your choice (I used a mix of bone broth and water)
- Tamari to taste (2 -4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
How you make it:
- Heat large soup pot with 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Chop all your veggies roughly
- Sauté onions and garlic to translucent
- Add the rest of your chopped veggies and sauté until they are bright green, but still crispy
- Add your broth and let everything simmer for 20 mins
- Reduce heat and carefully transfer everything to a blender (alternatively you could use a hand mixer)
- Blend everything well adjusting liquid if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Add tamari to taste
I love having a bowl sprinkled with hemp hearts and hot sauce.
Hope you enjoy this healthy, hormone and liver loving soup recipe. Let me know what you think!!